Re: AC Airbus 319 confuses Vernon for Kelowna

The standard approach to Kelowna (to the south), doesn't permit much
radar visibility until final approach because of the steep and narrow
valley walls, so ATC would unlikely be of much assistance until the
last minute or so.

There was significant smoke in the area, which is the current excuse,
BUT this isn't like MIA's new confusing parallel runways. AC should of
never sent inexperienced pilots flying from Toronto into Kelowna, in an
A319 of all things. My 5 year old son knows the difference when we fly
FlightSim2004.

Vernon is a 3360' field, elevation 1140, no ILS, only an NDB, runway
heading 230 and is practically in a ditch.

Kelowna is a 7,300' runway, elevation 1409, ILS and is a significant
field, ESPECIALLY in the middle of the day.