Re: Branson is coming

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alireza Alivandivafa" <DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx>
To: <AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, August 24, 2003 23:01
Subject: Re: [AIRLINE] Branson is coming

> In a message dated 8/19/03 5:15:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> damiross2@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Just because an industry can be foreign owned does NOT make it right.
As
> > Mom use to say, "if everyone was jumping off a bridge, would you, too?"
> > I do not think ANY American company should be owned by foreigners,
> > especially the airline industry.
> > 2 wrongs do not make a Wright, er, right.
>
> Um, so that rules out that great man (well, at least conservatives think
he
> is) Henry Kissenger.  My father still has a green card, and owns a small
> company.  Baha, who we all respect owns his company (community property
anyway).
> Also, anyone drinking Budweiser (stolen from the Czechs), should scoff at
the
> idea of August Busch having owned a major company.  Oh, and how about that
guy
> with the funny voice trying to run the biggest and best state in the
country
> (where both David and I live)?

Spoken in true liberal fashion - taking my words and twisting them around
until I don't recognize them.  Are you sure you aren't my ex-girlfriend?
I'm talking about corporations, especially airlines, being majority owned by
foreigners.  Kissinger, by the way, was an American citizen.

And, also in the generalities section, you can't say everyone respects Baha.
I don't know enough about his company to be anything but neutral on it.
Forgive me - I hate that phrase "who we all....<fill in blank>" because I
hate to have someone else speaking for me.

David R
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross
http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/books.html