Re: Branson is coming

In a message dated 8/19/03 4:12:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bahadiracuner@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I can understand it. Remember that during the Operation Fuel Freedom
> a lot of airliners were used to support the military a foreign
> ownerhip can cause strategic problems.

Don't airlines opt into that kind of program as a revenue add.  I believe
that is the main reason ATA still has the L1011s (along with taking rowdy
teenagers on cheep trips to Mexico).  They do military stuff all the time, not just
when people die for halliburton.  Actually, I got to see a UA 744 land at FRA
during the whole thing, something they don't get to often anymore.  I also met
a UA crew deadheading back to the US.  The captain was an absolutely beautiful
woman, cool stuff

> In the case of war, a lot of countries nationalize the airline industry,
> or depend on it..
>
> Now, as far as aircraft brokerage, holding the same rule for that purpose
> is kind of stupid.

Definately

> BAHA
> Fan of Alireza running Virgin US

I am a fan of that fan line, and would gladly take the job, but I prefer long
haul.  Is Sir Freddie listening?