Re: SP vs. 400

747SP's (Pan Am's and then United's, and Qantas) routinely flew non-stop from
SYD to LAX and LAX to AKL and LAX to SYD as I recall.

Jose Prize
Fan of riding a SP in first class in 1981 on a LAX-AKL and SYD-LAX routing
with the back row of coach from AKL to SYD where I sat with a couple from Miami
who owned Alabama Jack's on Card Sound Road near Key Largo - they were moving
to Perth and sold everything back in Miami