Re: A318 vs B717

In a message dated 8/5/2003 10:30:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Twue...the B717 is more economical than the Wing, but Frontier wants to be
 one aircraft airline.  Plus their hot and high hub demands performance
without
 penalty that is more problematic for the B717 than the Flying Wing (A318).
 Let's see how many Wings are actually delivered...my guess is some orders
will
 be swapped for the more logical A319.  Just wish they'd lose that MR MAGOO
 livery! >>

The 717 is so much more economical than the chubbus that AirTran is going to
a dual fleet so they don't have to buy the 736, something very similar though
not quite as much a hog as the A318.  I love the pictures on the tails, but I
agree with the new giant letters being horrid.  I think going with an all over
green with nice white lettering would be cool