Re: RJ's and ATC

In a message dated 7/24/2003 3:08:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
boblochry@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Wish that were true. I've actually found it more of a problem on departure
from
 the larger/busier airports.  Typically both aircraft must use the same
departure
 fix.   The sluggish performance of the RJ on the fixed departure route traps
the
 overtaking aircraft behind it.  Enroute you usually have some options like a
 change of altitude, vectoring or a new routing. >>

The one ride I had on an RJ, a CRJ200 of Mesa/HP Express, seemed like a
hotrod ride.  The thing climbed on its tail and gased it all the way to LAX.  Is
this just me?