Re: Airbus question

In a message dated 7/17/2003 3:31:19 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gjmck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Incorrect, I'm afraid. The Caravelle had its horizontal stabilisers mounted
 half way up the tail in what I believe is called a cruciform design.  A
 very unusual design. I think one of the Gulfstream jets had a similar
 arrangement but I could be wrong on that.

 As an aside, de Havilland gave an immense amount of  design data and
 assistance to Sud Aviation when they were building the Caravelle, so much
 so that the nose cone is virtually identical to that of the Comet 1 and the
 flight deck is very similar. >>

I said more conventional, not conventional.  It was lower down on the tail.
I think the Corvette might have had the same type, not sure.  Sure was not a T
though