Re: JBLU vs. AAI fleet expansion plans?

In a message dated 7/12/03 4:31:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
BraniffIntl@xxxxxxx writes:

> >Maybe some CRJ variant would have been the safer bet for B6; I don't know.
> >But especially in this economy, I'd get nervous placing that large of a bet
> >on a new type.
>
> Agreed...but my guess is JBLU covered their back side on this deal with all
> kinds of guarantees if the new aircraft fail to live up to manufacturer's
> claims.

I screwed up and did not send my response to this part.  I think that B6 not
only covered their butts with guarentees, but they also compared the
efficiency to commonality difference with the A318 and found that, with their pilot
policy, the E90 was the best choice