Re: New Airline Uniforms

AIRLINE:

I'm forwarding this on behalf on Chris Liao who is
having internet list posting problems.

Thanks,

Michael A. Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts
>From Chris Liao:

A) Thanks for the compliments on AF uniforms, I do
think they are quite elegant, especially for the
women!

B) At Air France, the equivalent of a dispatcher is
called a "chef avion" (translated: flight
coordinator). He oversees the turnaround of the plane
from the moment of arrival to the moment of bloc off.
This includes: offload of bags/cargo, positioning of
catering trucks, boarding of cleaners, providing
inbound crew with information, boarding of outbound
crew, coordination of boarding time, loading of
bags/cargo, and communicating with outbound crew (to
be sure cleaning is ok, catering is ok etc.). There is
a separate person who is in charge of weight and
balance.

Hope this provides a small insight into what a
"dispatcher" may be for an international airline.

-Christopher Liao
http://pages.wooster.edu/liaocl/
AOL IM: airchristophe