Trip Report - CMH-CVG-LAS LAS-ATL-CMH (Old-short)

May 25 Columbus-Cincinnati Delta 1619 757-200
A quiet half-hour flight on a nice day, roughly on time, about 30 pax
aboard.  When I tried to find (a couple of weeks later) where the flight had
come from, it had been discontinued and replaced with an RJ.

May 25 Cincinnati-Las Vegas Delta 1723 757-232 N649DL
Clear skies about three fourths of the way.  Great views of the Grand Canyon
(I was headed there).  Plane near full.  Box lunches (no extra charge) in a
cooler at the top of the jetway to carry on as you wanted.  Sandwich, salad,
cookie.  On time/

June 1 Las Vegas-Atlanta Delta 698 767-400ER
Again nearly full.  Clear at beginning and end of flight.  Ordinary lunch.
About on time.  Surprised to find this long range aircraft on this short
domestic flight.

June 1 Atlanta-Columbus Delta 415 MD88?
Very few empty seats.  Beverage service.  On time.

Shoes off for security at both ends.

At Las Vegas on May 25 met my son, who came in from New York via Minneapolis
on Northwest.  The bag he put in the overhead from New York-Minneapolis was
refused boarding at Minneapolis, and, in spite of promises, left behind.
The bag, unaccompanied by passenger, came on a later flight the same
evening, so no real inconvenience.  We were both strangers to LAS, and
surprised to come into Terminal 4 and to ride the tram (which I like a
little better than the similar one at Atlanta) to the main terminal.  But 2
meter radio got him (KC2DG) and me (K8EF) together anyway.

Pictures from the air, and at Zion National Park, Grand Canyon North Rim,
Bryce National Park and Cedar Breaks National Monument at

http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/gc/gc1.htm
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/gc/gc2.htm

An enjoyable and uneventful trip.

Gerry