Trip tidbits

I went to a certain city served by Northwest recently. The name of the
city is withheld to protect the guilty.

1. When my father went through the security line, the TSA guard asked for
a "government issued ID card." Well, my father meant to pull out his
driver's license, but pulled out his Navy ID by mistake. It has his name,
photo, date of birth, etc. The TSA guard said that was not a government ID
card. And yes, it is our Navy. :-).

2. The trips to and from the hub city to this city were on RJ 100's. This
is a plane that has the look of a military cargo plane with its high
sloping wings, but is a bit smaller.  Nice wide seats -- better than the
other commuter, excuse me, regional jets. The curious thing was the
announcement during the safety briefing -- the first class passengers had
life jackets under their seats;  in coach, we would have to use our seat
bottom cushions "in the unexpected event of a water landing" as most
airlines put it.

john

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.