Re: The Beauty of Strikes (was RE: Star-Telegram Staff Writer)

, dks28@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> former employee of Eastern Airlines.

I knew lots of them  and you may be surprised how many felt that they could
not work for the company that Lorenzo had created---the conditions were that
bad.  Also most of them got jobs--maybe took them a few years to get back up to
their former pay scales but if EAL had survived most of them would have been
fired or taken 50% pay cuts anyway.  Most were sorry to see their airline close
up but consider it totally managements fault - not theirs.
Dennis  (PS  I walked  the picket line at EAL in Boston many times--Swissair
where  I worked was also in the IAM and a strike like this is the Union
striking the Company and all IAM members supported the union as the outcome could
effect all of us regardless of which company we worked at.)