Re: NYTimes.com Article: At the Air Show, the U.S.-France Rift Shows

  The French were NOT responsible for the freedom of the US.
They helped the US achieve success, but their political
motivations were geared more to taking a chunk out of the
British lion than to secure the blessings of liberty for the
US.   The US, however, IS responsible for the freedoms that
France now enjoys.  Just ask the French why there are so many
dead Americans on their soil.      And the Louisiana
Purchase?...a failed political gambit against the Spanish.
The US walked away the winner and the French were left with
their heads spinning saying 'Which way did he go?....'which
way did he go?....'

Chris
Native-born French-Canadian