Re: Northeast service from MIA to LAX (was Re: Sports Charters (was Whose 727?))

You're right, Joe, about the FLL versus MIA.

Northeast did operated from MIA to LAX. I was thinking of the proposed merger
with NW.  Northwest had originally wanted to merge with NE but the CAB would
not allow the MIA/LAX route to be part of the merger so that merger was called
off.

I remember reading something about the NE MIA/LAX service - it was operated
nonstop with a reduced payload so it could be done nonstop. Granted, it still
may have had times when it had to stop enroute westbound but I don't think it
would have been that common, especially in the summer time.

David