Re: Sports Charters (was Whose 727?)

> I agree..I doubt if they are taking full cargo as well.  That's gotta
> be one airport
> where 'weight & balance' is heavily scrutnized!

I used to work for a major airline that chartered 727-100s and 200s to
major league sports teams, and they couldn't make SEA-MIA nonstop, and
SEA-East Coast often stopped at least one way.
We didn't use average passenger weights for the football teams, either!

And responding to another post about older aircraft saying they are
just as good since "they're completely rebuilt" in D checks. That's
only partially accurate- several old models have Airworthiness
Directives out on them limiting total hours or total cycles (basically
meaning number of pressurizations) that no amount of D checks can
overcome.

> 757 to take off from SNA.
> (http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/acaps/753sec3.pdf).

Note that is looking at the 757-300.