AA, less room and failed fare structures

The AA fare structure thing that Crandal tried in the early 1990s was called "Value Pricing."  There is a book called "Airline Oddessy" that dedicates a large portion to the high hopes and the failure of this.  It also talks about WN's success and their 10 minutes turnarounds in the 1970s when they had to start with 3 planes, because the could not afford the fourth.  Imagine that, WN with financial troubles.  It stopps in 1995, but there is an update that I am looking for that goes up to 1998.  I think it is time for a new version with talk of Ryanair, jetBlue, and the downfall of the majors