Re: Strike by air traffic controllers looms, threatens airport operations

Would you care to explain how Reagan's firings are now responsible for what
you say is an imminent shortage of air traffic controllers now?  An
overwhelming percentage of of the controllers who were fired in 1981 would be retired now
had they not been fired since most of them had 5, 10 or more years on the
job.  Don't they have a 20-year retirement plan?

So how do the 1981 firings have an impact now?  Why haven't they been hiring
sufficient numbers in the many years since 1981?  Hell, let's blame FDR and
JFK while we're at it.

Jose Prize
Inquiring minds want to know