Re: YMX

Fourteen years ago, I flew through YMX on a British Airways L-1011, routing
DTW-YMX-LHR.

After we landed, we taxiied for nearly ten minutes toward the terminal. In
that time, I did not see a single other aircraft. It felt as though we were in a
small bush airport in the Canadian Shield, instead of at the international
gateway to one of the most cosmopolitan cities in North America. We were on the
ground for about 1 1/2 hours. In that time, I saw just six other aircraft: two
Minerve DC-8s, a Sabena DC-10, and a 747, an L-1011, and a 767 of Air Canada.

British Airways had full local traffic rights between DTW and YMX. Amazingly,
there were four local passengers who had chosen to take BA instead of
Northwest's nonstops from DTW to Dorval, or Air Canada's flights from Windsor,
Ontario, which is located just south of downtown Detroit.

Joe Wolf