Re: [Sky-1] Survey on airport questioned

I think the main reason airlines stay away is because of the idiotic
politicians bowing down to stupid people who move near the airport and then
complain of the noise. in LGB. It's stupid to limit an airport to only 43
commercial flights a day.

Did you notice that AA wanted to increase its LGB flights when JetBlue started
flying there?  Same thing for AS.

As the survey indicated - and I agree with - it is a vocal minority of do-
gooders that want to closet he airport. With the traffic the way it is in LA,
it's great for people to be able to have the option of going flying into and
out of an airport that is nearby.  LGB is centrally located between SNA and LAX.

Airports contribute millions to the local economy.  If the do-gooders are
willing to lose this contribution, then they should make up for it.

David R