From: Jon Wright <jwright@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06/02/03 09:21 PM
To: AIRLINE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: No Impact on Security, Passenger Wait Times as TSA Reduces  Screener Jobs...

> What did the September 11 batch of terrorists do? They exploited weaknesses
in the system. If word gets out security gives old folks a free pass
through
security with just a cursory check, how long until some terrorist figures
that out and turns his or her grandma into a mule to (try to) smuggle Bad
Stuff through security?

I have deeper philosophical issues with the whole security thing in
general
and believe that with the exception of checking for explosives that TSA is
waste of time and money, but I think scrutinizing everyone--regardless of
the perceived threat they pose--is essential.