Re: U.S. Nears Decision On Guns in Cockpit

IMO, having armed pilots/agents on board LY flights is NOT the reason
for no hijacking's, but rather their security checks before you get anywhere
near the aircraft. What's the checkin time now? 3-4 hours before departure?
Stop the "loonies" BEFORE they get on board - that's the way it should be.

As for the R.U.C. being armed - thats true, as far back as I can remember.
So what? The fact that they are armed sure has not done much to improve
the situation in Northern Ireland! Then again, what's that got to do with
guns
in the cockpit" Cops just about everywhere these days are armed - not so
with pilot's on civilian aircraft. That "gunslinger" school for pilots in
Georgia
hasnt produced too many qualified "armed pilots", yet, as far as I know.

I just wonder how that first class is making out? Imagine....have a good
trip
honey - dont forget to pack clean underwear, your gun AND your ammo. clip!
Those folks who fly SFO-HNL can get really crazy - they just might try to
storm
the cockpit and divert the flight to OGG....

Liam.
YVR.

> El Al may not have many flights but, except for the armed pilots and armed
> agents aboard, every single flight operated by El Al would be a target
> because the Arabs surrounding Israel cannot stand to have them there.
> David R
> http://home.attbi.com/~damiross
> http://home.attbi.com/~damiross/books.html

Air