Re: Airport official: replacement for United may be necessary

Yeah it is a ways to downtown, but no more than most airports in the country. When DFW was built it was in the middle of NO WHERE, but now it's in the middle of EVERYTHING. I suspect that over the next decade the city will grow out to DIA. Then we'll be hearing from the stupid people that buy homes there and then complain about airport noise.

I think DIA got some bad press a few years ago when the trains to and from the terminal malfunctioned. I don't believe they have had a problem in a long time. So the fact that there's no pedestrian traffic to B and C isn't an issue anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are parts of ATL and IAD that you can't walk to. DEN an amazingly beautiful airport... dare I say, the most beautiful in the country, it would be such a shame if United went OOB (although I'm not a fan of UA)... DEN is such a beautiful airport and a joy to fly through (IMHO).

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Wright [mailto:jwright@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: Airport official: replacement for United may be necessary

In what way do you think it is poorly set up?

The only issues I have with DIA are the fact that it is quite a hike to
downtown and the lack of a bona fide airport hotel. I suspect the latter
will take care of itself eventually and the former is a function of the
political realities of building a brand-new airport in this day and age. The
lack of a pedestrian link to concourses B and C is a bit problematic, but
aren't they looking to address that?

I just can't think of any other negatives.

Regards,
Jon
--
Jon Wright