Fw: Weight and Balance

From: "Smurf" <smurf@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Gerard M Foley" <gfoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 8:26 AM

> These do exist on certain aircraft, but remember that the wings are
designed
> to create lift so if you have any sort of wind the accuracy of the weight
> readings diminishes.
>
> smurf.

gate?
<snip>

Hadn't thought about the wind.  Thanks.

Now can we figure the wind by wiggling the controls and see how that affects
the reported weight?   Put strain gauges on the wing roots to estimate the
lift?  I better just get a patent and forget how to make it work.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley
http://members.fortunecity.com/gfoley/egypt/egypt.html