Re: The continent's top airport?

I'm completely with you.

YVR is one of the most beautiful, yet functional airports in the world.
It's hard to beat those hundred foot ceilings and panoramic views of
the mountains and pacific ocean. I'm somewhat biased, flying in and out
of the place every couple of weeks, and it being about 1/4 mile north
of my house.

It's a infinite cry from YYZ or even before the recent updates at YUL.

I'm also with you on Atlanta. Pure function. My list of attributes:

- On city's subway system. $1.75 from airport to office and/or hotel.
No rental car, no taxi cab, there in 20-30 minutes. You can't beat it.

- Luggage can often beat you from the plane to the carousel. My wife
always joked that they put the bags in high-speed suction tubes.

- One sterile zone, rather than the numerous zones found at any other
multi-terminal airport. Change airlines not only airplanes with ease.

- 4 parallel runway operations.. no funky O'Hare style intersecting
runways and delays.

- Decent (but by no means comprehensive) refreshments available;
Starbucks etc, and right where you want it.

Considering the 60+ Million souls who venture through the place, it
does rather well.

Matthew

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 06:01  PM, Bryant Petitt wrote:

> ....Just went thru YVR for the first time in about 20
> years, quite nice, and easy, no hassles....
>
> Where in the hell do they come up with MSP? It is the
> hole that DTW used to be, until NW came up with the
> new terminal at DTW, which without a doubt is the best
> 'terminal' (because it is not the whole airport, and I
> am simply talking about changing planes) I have ever
> been in.
>
> On terms of the best O&D 'Airport' (if we are going to
> get into this), I think the airport here in ATL is the
> best, non-withstanding the hatred I have for the
> Corrupt Management (city of Atlanta) that does it's
> best to make everything a hand-in-pocket
> minority-based handout to people who are pose as
> minorities, but are in fact millionaires......
>
> It got so bad, the Corrupt City of Atlanta fired a
> very competent Airport Manager, Angela Gittens, who is
> now at MIA and fighting the equally corrupt situation
> down there.
>
> Bryant Petitt
> Cumming, GA
> Oops, didn't mean to start something....
>

> --- Evan McElravy <emcelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Halifax??? On what possible basis could Halifax be
>> rated one of five best
>> airports on the continent? Does the live lobster
>> tank really offset the fact
>> that it is situated half way to New Brunswick?
>>
>> Evan McElravy
>> emcelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>>> 2002 TOP FIVE AIRPORTS IN NORTH AMERICA
>>>
>>> Vancouver