Re: French transport strike expected to drastically disrupt travel

Personally, I think it is a good thing what they are doing.  Yes, travelers
are inconvinenced and that sucks, but they are striking because the
government is trying to cut at their livelihoods.  These people are not paid
big sums of money, and pay more taxes than we do here.  They get an excelent
public health system, and other benefits that keep their quality of life
good.  Unions here strike when they are cut into, and people can be
inconvinienced, but they are fighting for their members.  France has a lot of
collectivized bargaining, and that means that unions are often much more
happy and docile than unions in the US.  Problems arise when governments are
constantly attacking their living, as has been happening in France and other
EU countries in this "Race to the Bottom".  They need to read Geoffrey
Garrett and take care of their people