Re: Big planes vs. little ones

Exceptions to distinct equipment type/seniority-based pay include:

- FDX and UPS have what are, essentially, "big" and "small"  equipment pay rates
with expanded longevity (LOS, seniority) scale, which tends to mitigate the
desire for opportunistic changes in bid status driving training daisy chain and
associated costs and productivity loss.  Cost and productivity impacts are
favorable and significant.

- Until recently, Horizon pilots were salaried, not paid hourly, though were
paid by equipment type.  Latest contract morphed to hourly, as I recall.

- Bob Mann
--
R.W. Mann & Company, Inc.  >> Airline Industry Analysis and Consulting
Port Washington, NY  11050 >> tel 516-944-0900, fax 516-944-7280