NYTimes.com Article: British Airways Ready to Return to Iraq

This article from NYTimes.com
has been sent to you by psa188@xxxxxxxxx

/-------------------- advertisement -----------------------\

Explore more of Starbucks at Starbucks.com.
http://www.starbucks.com/default.asp?ci=1015

British Airways Ready to Return to Iraq

April 22, 2003
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LONDON, April 21 (AP) - Traveling to Baghdad? The options
for civilians may soon expand beyond dusty, perilous taxi
rides from Amman, Damascus or Kuwait City.

British Airways said on Sunday that it was preparing to
resume scheduled passenger flights to Baghdad, probably
three flights a week from Heathrow Airport in London, using
Boeing 767 jets.

"We have a long history of flying to Iraq and are keen to
re-establish regular services as soon as political
stability and security return to the country," said Rod
Eddington, the chief executive of British Airways. "We have
the rights to fly to Iraq, and we are now awaiting
confirmation from the British government that it is safe to
return."

Gulf Air, based in Bahrain, and Virgin Atlantic of Britain
have also expressed interest in flying to Baghdad. The main
airport in Baghdad is expected to be reopened for
humanitarian aid flights in about a week.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/04/22/business/worldbusiness/22PLAN.html?ex=1052019082&ei=1&en=85e7f7bdc1732954

HOW TO ADVERTISE
onlinesales@xxxxxxxxxxx or visit our online media
kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

help@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Copyright 2003 The New York Times Company