US News - 04/18/03

Sparkling Gem

The Charlotte Line Maintenance Department recently was awarded the Federal Aviation Administration's Diamond Certificate of Excellence Award.

The Diamond Award, which is based on the percentage of individual technicians receiving aircraft maintenance training developed by US Airways, is the highest of five award levels given by the FAA. This is Charlotte Line Maintenance's fifth consecutive year to receive the award.

"These awards five years in a row demonstrate the dedication and professionalism of our mechanics. We're very proud of their accomplishment," said Rich Gwin, hub director of Charlotte Line Maintenance.