Re: Logan airport Boston

Dennis:

I visited Logan about two months ago and I was very
confused, just trying to leave the cargo area.  Like
most people, I tend to go omy past experience until
reality kicks in and I have to look at the signs.
I took lefts that had me winding-up in the rental car
section and then a dead end street that would have
taken me to the residential section of East Boston.

Finally, I got to the main highway of the airport that
led to the terminals.  One must watch for a "split" in
the highway to avoid getting involved with the
terminals themselves, if they want to simply leave the
airport.  This is frightening since the smaller
roadway, empties into five, fast moving lanes.  By the
time I read the signs, I had to split left nearly
cutting off a car behind me and enjoying a good blast
from his horn.  Once you get left you should move
right to avoid the line into the garage.  Once left
snake past an attractive looking garage and climb a
ramp and move along some concrete ribbon highway that
doesn't seem like it will take you back to the city.
In short, a nightmare where you have to think quick or
regret getting up that morning.

Next time, I'll take the public transit!

Mike Burris
Cambridge, Mass

(wondering why they put billions into the Big Dig, whe
the tunnels, while nice, a just twisty and windy roads
much like there was before.  But the new Zakim bridge
looks great!)