Charlotte airport introduces eye scanning technology

Charlotte airport introduces eye scanning technology

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) =97 Airport officials on Wednesday introduced a=20
high-tech security system that scans the eye of pilots, flight attendants=20
and other employees while helping to reduce passenger bottlenecks at=20
security checkpoints. Charlotte-Douglas International Airport installed=20
four iris recognition systems at the entrance to Concourses A, B, C and D.=
=20
The technology was developed by EyeTicket Corp., based in McLean, Va. The=20
EyePass EP-4 stations will be located at security checkpoints in each=20
concourse for use by airline and airport employees, law enforcement and=20
emergency workers as well as contractors, vendors and retail workers. "We=20
are proud to contribute to our nation's homeland security efforts with this=
=20
cutting edge product installation that greatly improves security in our=20
airports and eases the travel experience for the flying public," said=20
Stewart Mann, chairman and chief executive of EyeTicket Corp. "This is our=
=20
second experience with EyeTicket and we believe that with the support of=20
the TSA (Transportation Security Administration), this technology can=20
significantly enhance our security," said Jerry Orr, airport director. The=
=20
airport used similar technology in 2000, but suspended the system last year.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/