Re: DEN as a hub

At 02:21 PM 4/9/2003 -0700, John Kurtzke wrote:
>BTW, is 4 hours on anyone's 757 any better than 2.5 hours on an RJ?

Seriously? Absolutely! At least on the 757 you can get up and walk around,
and there's usually decent in-flight entertainment. On an RJ, I have to
fold, spindle, and mutilate my 6' 220+ lb body to fit into the seats, and
once wedged it, there isn't anything to do but sit there.

Because of RJs, I can fly non-stop from IAD to SDF (Louisville, KY). The
one time I had to fly there, that was nice. But even two 60-90 minute RJ
segments back-to-back (IAD-CVG-SBN, for instance) would make me cringe; I'd
rather take a 757 to ORD or DTW and then a turbo-prop into SBN.

If there was an airline out there that flew just 757s and 767s, I could be
happy; I like those planes. Granted, an airline needs something in the 120
seat range, but if I as a passenger had to restrict myself to two types,
it'd be those two. I guess I'm just weird, considering that the 757 is
everyone else's favorite punching bag, and the 767 doesn't fare much
better. :-)

>john

Nick