Anything up with AC?

I know there are some Air Canada watchers here, so I thought I'd ask.
I took a friend and her daughter to SFO yesterday for an AC flight to
Vancouver, but it was cancelled (and they didn't call her).  The gate
agent gave a flat "mechanical" as the reason, with the implication that
he didn't believe it either.

I looked at the board and 3 out of 8 arrivals/departures yesterday were
cancelled.   Hmmm.

She was rebooked on an Alaska Air flight leaving an hour later, so no
big problem, but some of the AC pax were speculating, wondering if it
was (a) cancelled flights due to poor bookings, (b) something
associated with the bankruptcy filing, or (c) a labour action having to
do with (b), or with SARS.

Anyone hear anything?

--
Michael C. Berch