US Airways to Reduce Capacity in Response to Impact of War

US Airways announced today temporary changes to both its transatlantic and domestic schedules in response to the impact of the ongoing war in Iraq.

Transatlantic changes, effective April 1-30, 2003, will affect European
operations to and from Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. Service between
Pittsburgh and London (Gatwick) will be suspended for the month of April. In addition, Eastbound service between Pittsburgh and Frankfurt, will not operate on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and westbound service will not operate on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Eastbound Philadelphia-Amsterdam service will not operate on Tuesdays, and westbound service will not operate on Wednesdays.

Domestic schedule changes will be effective April 2 through May 3, 2003,
and will affect mostly evening flights departing from Pittsburgh and
Charlotte, N.C. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays, the last bank of flights departing Charlotte will not operate. On those days, the last flights of the day will depart Charlotte between 7 p.m., and 8 p.m., Eastern time.

The last two banks of departing flights from Pittsburgh will not operate
on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between April 2 and May 3, 2003. On those two days of the week, the last departing flights out of Pittsburgh will depart by 6 p.m., Eastern time.

Schedule changes for the first week of April are currently available to
the public through computer reservations systems, and adjustments for the
period through May 3 will be available beginning Sunday. Customers should contact their booking agent to determine if the schedule adjustments have affected their itinerary. A chart detailing the routes affected by the
domestic schedule changes is available online at usairways.com/adjusted_schedule.

"Because of the war in Iraq, we have adjusted our operation in a way that
limits the impact to our customers, as the schedule changes have been made to off-peak travel days on which we have traditionally lower demand," said B. Ben Baldanza, US Airways senior vice president of marketing and planning. "These schedule changes constitute a less than 5 percent reduction in available seat miles, or a 4 percent reduction in total departures.

"In the period since September 11, we have reduced our capacity by 28
percent, so we now need to make only minor adjustments to our schedule. We will continue to watch closely demand trends and respond as appropriate."

Separately, US Airways Express will discontinue all service in Kalamazoo,
Mich., and Madison, Wis., effective April 5, 2003. US Airways Express will
also close its station in Baton Rouge, La., effective May 4, 2003. US Airways Express employees in these locations will be offered positions at other stations in the US Airways Express system.