Re: Speakin Of Three Holers

I've been fortunate to get to spend many hours since last fall on the FAA's
727-25C (N40) including some jumpseat time.  She's just a classy
aircraft.  I forgot how much they could be like a rocket, especially
empty.  18 first class seats and a bunch of racks is all that's in her.
(Never seen the holds open but assume they are empty).

It will be a sad day when they get rid of her (maybe to the Air Marshals to
train on). I know I kept hearing talk of getting a replacement because of
parts costing on her, but I got the impression that budget item keeps
getting cut.

Of course they have two CV-580's (N39 and N49) still floating around, my
program never did fly them, but I'll take that trip too if I can.

Shawn

At 09:06 PM 4/2/2003 -0500, Allan9 wrote:
>Boeing built some classy looking aircraft.  I'm with you when it comes to
>the beauty of the 727 and for that fact the 707.
>Al

"I'm worried, Ray. All my readings point to something big on the horizon.
What do you mean, big?
Well, let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic
energy in the New York area. Based on this morning's reading, it would be a
Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
That's a big Twinkie. "