fare differences

Hello All,

Before I give my mom bad advice, I want to make sure what I've heard is correct. Let's say she wants to fly DFW - COS early June and the fare listed now is $260. If she buys it now and a few weeks from now sees it on sale with the same airline (American). Can she call them and have them refund the difference if she qualifies for the lower fare???

I remember this coming up on the list before but I don't remember what was said.

Clay - SEA