Re: Won't Get Fooled Again?

Some airlines do these things already. (except the prop bit.)

I always got the impression that Delta would almost force three segment
trips on many routes.

You wouldn't fly to Atlanta and connect to where you were going, you'd
fly to Salt Lake, take a SLC->ATL flight and then on to your final
destination from ATL. As you'd expect SLC-ATL is dominated by 767-300s
and the like.

But United's hubs are different (and I think AAs), United flies the odd
777 between ORD and DEN, but they have 319s/320s on the same route.
 From an ORD perspective, DEN is a spoke and visa-versa. United has the
cost-efficient 319/320s that make it possible, and AA has the MD80/737
combo, that make serving SEA from the IAD hub a reality.

My opinion, for what's worth.