Traveler with anti-war signs finds complaint inserted into bag after security search

Traveler with anti-war signs finds complaint inserted into bag after=20
security search

SEATTLE (AP) =97 An airline passenger who had two "No War with Iraq" signs=
 in=20
his suitcase says the federal security agent who opened his luggage=20
inserted a note criticizing his "anti-American attitude." "I found it=20
chilling and a little Orwellian to have received this message," said Seth=20
Goldberg, 41, of Cranbury, N.J. Federal Transportation Security=20
Administration officials are investigating. Goldberg says that after a=20
March 2 flight from Seattle to San Diego, he opened his bag and found a=20
card notifying him that TSA had opened and searched it. A handwritten note=
=20
on the card said: "Don't appreciate your anti-American attitude!" He said=20
it would have been hard for anyone else to have placed the note because=20
when he claimed the bag in San Diego the zipper pulls were sealed with=20
nylon straps that indicated a TSA inspection.

If a TSA employee placed the note, "we will take appropriate and swift=20
action," TSA spokesman Brian Turmail said Saturday from Washington, D.C.=20
"That is not appropriate behavior and not within the very high expectations=
=20
we hold ... and that the American public has a right to expect," Turmail=20
added. Screeners are trained "in a range of customer service issues ... to=
=20
assure the security process is polite, professional and appropriate,"=20
Turmail said. Goldberg said he picked up the anti-war signs in Seattle. "In=
=20
New Jersey there's very little in the way of protest and when I got to=20
Seattle I was amazed how many anti-war signs were up in front of houses,"=20
he said.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@xxxxxxxxx
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/