Sydney airport to impose terrorism insurance fee on airlines

02/28/2003 - Updated 06:32 AM ET
Sydney airport to impose terrorism insurance fee on airlines

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) =97 Visitors flying to and from Sydney will likely=
=20
have to pay an extra terrorism insurance levy on the price of their=20
tickets, airline officials said Friday.Sydney Airports Corp., a private=20
company, wrote to airlines Friday telling them it would impose a new charge=
=20
for three months beginning April 1 to recoup extra insurance costs due to=20
the threat of terrorism."It is only a cost recovery. We do not seek to=20
profit from such extraordinary business costs," airport chief Max=20
Moore-Wilton said. "After June we will review the situation and adjust=20
charges commensurate with the insurance market at the time."Airlines are=20
expected to pass the charge on to travelers, probably at a rate of about 4=
=20
Australian dollars ($2.40) per customer for international round-trip=20
flights and A$2 ($1.20) for domestic return flights.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site/TnTisland.com
Roj (Roger James)

escape email mailto:ejames@escape.ca
Trinbago site: www.tntisland.com
Carib Brass Ctn site www.tntisland.com/caribbeanbrassconnection/