Re: .....and for all these reasons, they should not carry guns

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 05:32  PM, David Ross wrote:
> The reason why is because the government, in it's normal inability to
> do
> anything right, has given so many stupid regulations regarding the
> carriage
> of guns by pilots.
>
> Does it make sense to carry a protection device in a lock box?  No!  It
> should be handy, not locked away.  I can see it now.  "Mr. Hijacker,
> please
> wait a moment while I unlock my weapon."

I agree that the regs are somewhat ridiculous, but I think the lockbox
is only for carriage in the airport.  Once the cockpit door is locked
the pilots are supposed to open the lockbox and holster the weapons.

--
Michael C. Berch
mcb@postmodern.com