Canadian Airlines International

AIRLINE:

I'm looking for some candid opinions from members of
this list who've flown Canadian Airlines International
when it was up and running. Was the service (in
particular to the Far-East) better than on Air Canada?

Were their lounges at the airport nicer than Air
Canada?  Were the FA's nicer than at Air Canada?
What about the planes themselves?

I'm writing a story on Air Canada and need some
background info on Canadian. In addition, can anyone
guess how many employees over all lost their jobs
because of the merger?  What ever happened to Ken
Benson, former CAI, CEO?

Thanks,

Michael A. Burris
Cambridge, Massachusetts