Re: Columbus Explained

From: "RT Simpson" <BraniffIntl@aol.com>

Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 11:04 AM

> In a message dated 2/10/03 8:52:32 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> mmontano@direct.ca writes:

<snip>
> Actually HP was attempting more of an east coast presence with Columbus
and
> sought to bring traffic from PHX & LAS thru CMH on their way to the right
> coast.  When Columbus was chosen a mini hub, Cactus was in BK Chap 11.
One
> of their lenders was Banc One - based at that time in Columbus and eager
> put that sleepy town on the map with a national carrier.  So as far as CMH
> being in the heartland of the country and a good place for a
hub...methinks
> not.
<snip>

You mean I moved from Philadelphia for this?  According to one of our local
politicians recently,  Ohio is the Heart of it All, and Columbus is right in
the middle.   Hope I can still find someone to take me to LGA, but my son is
trying to sell me EWR now that they have that monorail.

By the way, Warren OH is quite a ways.  From 157-174 miles, so I don't blame
anyone in Warren from picking Cleveland or Pittsburgh.  The snow's not as
deep here, though.

Gerry
http://foley.ultinet.net/~gerry/africar/africa.html
http://home.columbus.rr.com/gfoley