Statement From United Airlines

    CHICAGO, Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- UAL Corp. (NYSE: UAL), the
parent company of United Airlines, today released the following statement:

    "The task before us is to transform United into a successful and
aggressive competitor for the long term for all customers and across all
markets.  We believe that a low-cost carrier, fully integrated into a global
hub and spoke network for the first time, will be a critical and dynamic
element in United's future strength.  We have been working collaboratively
with our unions, through dozens of meetings and the sharing of thousands of
pages of documents, and will continue to do so in order to build a company
with a future that can sustain both profitability and jobs."
    News releases and other information about United Airlines can be found at
the company's website, http://www.united.com.

Roger
EWROPS