reply from Catus (America west) about their meal program

I wrote to America west about have pax pay for  their
meals this is their reply (my originally question to them follows)

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Web.Master" <web.master@americawest.com>
To: <mpanitz@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 15:09:16 -0700 (MST)
Dear
Mark

For information regarding food service on your specific itinerary,
please call 1-800-235-9292.
Special meal requests are available for diabetic, kosher, and vegetarian
passengers or passengers requiring a low fat, low sodium or low
cholesterol meals. Childrens meals and fruit plates have been
discontinued until further notice.
America West offers beverage service on all of our flights and we do
encourage our passengers to bring along food items that they would like
to consume while onboard the plane.
The option to purchase meals on America West flights is on a trail basis
and will not be available on all flights.  America West Airlines flights
between January 6-26 will offer the option to purchase a meal on some
flights.  The guidlines are:
  DATES       FLT LENGTH      TYPE OF FOOD      COST
1/6 - 1/12    2.5 - 3 HOURS    SNACK BOX    $3 - $5 PER ITEM
1/13 - 1/19    3 - 4 HOURS    A LA CARTE   $3 - $5 PER ITEM
1/20 - 1/26    4 OR MORE      HOT/COLD    $8 - $10 PER MEAL

America West will only accept cash. There will be gate announcements to
let passengers know that this is available on their flight.

Sincerely,

Brenda Hurd IAD
Americawest.com Support

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
First: Mark
Last: Panitz
Email: mpanitz@juno.com
FlightFund Number:
General Inquiry:
Question I have heard that America west  is going to start charging
their
passengers for food, I was wondering what about those passengers on
special diets?  (i.e Kosher, vegetarian etc) will you also charge those
passengers too? also how do you intend to have the passengers pay for
their food?  what if they dont have any cash on them?  what about people
with disabilities who cant handle change?