Re: re new baggage guidelines -I'll bet the baggage handlers (and thefts) will love it

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Panitz" <mpanitz@juno.com>
To: <AIRLINE@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 12:21 AM
Subject: re new baggage guidelines -I'll bet the baggage handlers (and
thefts) will love it

> Did I hear or read that right the new guidelines
> require you to leave your CHECKED BAGGAGE
> UNLOCKED?  -thats going to make a it a LOT EAISER
> for thrives to steal your stuff and I;ll
> bet the Airline will say sorry we cant do a thing away
> your lost items,..... sorry you didnt lock your suitcase
> so it could have slip out...

Leaving luggage unlocked will be really troublesome with British Airways at
LHR.

At LHR (Thief row) they enforce a 5 kg hand luggage carryon weight limit--
so attempting to carry on your belongings in excess of that weight limit to
avoid theives will conflict with the BA luggage carryon "police" at the
gate.

Kenneth Lin