Re: UAL could move to void union contracts

I will have to go 60% with unions on the UAL issue.
UAL has been shooting itself on the foot for so many years
since the stock hit $170s or so.

If you think about it, the company hasn't been focusing on the
core business since 1998 or so with so many purchases, and plans
of purchase, including USAirways purchase and the fractional
program.

Lets not forget that the company was trying to make a buck on the
mechanics and flight attendants back for many years when the
economy was good by not renewing their contract. The labor relations
have been extremely bad since the ESOP which didn't help anyone a bit.

You can be employee owned, and you can brag about it all the time,
but if that doesn't produce any good impact on employee bottomline
and moreale, then what's the use?

Unfortunately, the pilots reaction was really bad on the business
customer who diverted to AA and other biz traveller friendly airline.

Another unfortunate thing is, the airline industry is going through the
same things that retail industry is going through. Have ever met a
happy WalMart or K-Mart employee? Yet, they are such good stores
and they really provide value to the customers. The same thing is
happening to the airline industry. I am not talking about the
JetBlue, or AirTran or Southwest effect, but I am talking about
more and more "Regional" airlines stepping in.

People who work for these airlines are the one who make pennies on the
dollar compared to their regional partners, all the way from the ramp rats
to their pilots.

BAHA ACUNER - CFI,CFII,MEI

www.bahadiracuner.com