FLL viewing area petition

Friends,

If you'd like to see the FLL viewing area re-opened, I would urge you to sign
the on-line petition at

 http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/petition-sign.cgi?openpark

It was started by Don Boyd, a regular on this list.

I would urge everyone to send a letters to each and every Broward County
commissioner (list of e-mails attached at bottom of this e-mail). Keep the flood
coming.

Here's the letter I sent to all the commissioners:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to urge you to re-open the observation area at Fort Lauderdale
Airport.

Certainly we live in times when additional security precautions must be taken.
But there are precautions that actually increase security, and precautions that
do not. Closing the observation area at Fort Lauderdale Airport is an example of
precautions that do absolutely nothing to increase security, while taking away
an activity that is both prized by many people and families and generates
important economic benefits. This is tantamount to doing the terrorists' work
for them.

Why does this not increase security? Because it only closes one of the million
places from which a missile may be fired. It's like plugging just one of the
holes of a sieve. On the contrary, it actually REDUCES security because it keeps
away an alert, knowledgeable segment of the public.

These same visitors also generate important economic benefits, through hotel
stays, car rentals, food and other purchases. It would be one thing to sacrifice
these benefits if there were a security benefit, but in this case there
manifestly is not.

So once again, I urge you re-open the observation area at Fort Lauderdale
Airport.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I would appreciate a response.

Sent to:
BSHERRY@broward.org
ILieberman@broward.org,
kjacobs@broward.org,
bgraber@broward.org,
lcastillo@broward.org,
lparrish@broward.org,
sgunzburger@broward.org,
jrodstrom@broward.org,
dwassermanrubin@broward.org,
jeggelletion@broward.org

Stefano Pagiola
--
All opinions are my own.
850 N Randolph Str No.817, Arlington VA 22203, USA