Re: WOMAN OFFERED 15,000 AIR MILES AFTER FALLING ASLEEP ON PLANE

At 01:35 PM 12/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>WOMAN OFFERED 15,000 AIR MILES AFTER FALLING ASLEEP ON PLANE
>A woman who fell asleep on a flight to Newfoundland and wound up in
>England has been offered 15,000 bonus aeroplan miles by the airline.

OK, AC frequent fliers, what's that in real terms? 60% of what it takes for
a domestic round trip? Enough for a economy class ticket across the
Atlantic? For United, that'd be 60% of the 25,000 miles needed for a
domestic round trip, but maybe Aeroplan has a different scale for their
travel awards?

If it'd been my call, I'd have offered the woman economy class trips to
London for her and a companion so she could do the trip right at her
leisure. I'm not saying she isn't partly to blame, but the AC flight crew
and the station staff at St. John's have to feel somewhat sheepish for not
realizing (and preventing) her mistake. It's not as bad as the
Oakland/Auckland guffaw at LAX  couple of years ago, but it was still quite
avoidable, and something flight crews must deal with routinely!

Just a thought,
Nick