Re: Woman falls asleep on flight to St. John's,wakes up in England ..........

> I would guess that the flight progressively clears customs and that's why they
> can't sell YYT-YHZ as a domestic sector.  AC used to operate an MIA-YYZ-YUL
> service and the YYZ-YUL sector could not be sold as a domestic flight for that
> very reason.

Possibly Air Canada's choice to increase utilization.
I have been on that flight quite a few times, and it would take a while to clear an entire 767-300 thru customs at St.John's where the small number of customs staff drives out from the downtown office especially. As things are, the plane leaves for Halifax less than an hour after landing from Heathrow with the remaining passengers (usually the majority) clearing customs in Halifax.
Plus I bet there is not that much demand for mid-afternoon seats YYT-YHZ.

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890