Re: No guns for our airline pilots ......

Yeah it would kill the terrorists, the pilots and the passengers no doubt.

That's real brilliant, firing at random in an area full of electronic  instruments, and electrical, mechanical and hydraulic circuits, circuit breaker panels, etc, all contained in a pressurised aluminium tube that wasn't designed to resist armour piercing...

Just what I always dreamt of, a flying firing range.

Mike Gammon