Re: No guns for our airline pilots ......

jmgammon@sympatico.ca writes:

<< Shoulder-launched missiles have always scared me because they can operate
 from well beyond the security perimeter of any airfield, making detection
 and control very difficult. >>

Did any of you ever see the number of small boats around Logan Airport in
Boston???
Probably l on a Saturday am  500-600?  all  people living in Winthrop, E
boston, City Boston etc etc et the airport is surrounded by water all
accessable by regular guys in regular fishing etc boats.  I dont think its
poss to protect an airport like Logan from these kind of attacks.
And there is one hell of a lot smarter people than me that figured that out
Im sure
Dennis (Why arm pilots? I doubt that anyone will ever storm the cockpits
again)